That First Step.... Or Should I Say Leap Of Faith...

First, you will need a little background about me.  I am a bigger guy.  At 24 years old, I was the heaviest I had ever been, 252lbs.  I was fat.  There is no better term for it (unless you want the real term which is "morbidly obese").  I was getting ready to finish my college career, getting ready to go out into the world, and I couldn't even walk fast without becoming quickly exhausted.  I ate fast food at least five times a week for various meals, and I got absolutely zero exercise.

As I have said, I have always been bigger.  I have never known what it was like to be athletic.  I never knew what it was like to be thin.  I never even knew what it was like to buy pants that weren't "husky," "relaxed," or "loose."  

Everything came to a halt in July of 2012.  I was tired of being tired.  I was fed up with being fat.  I was  done going to stores, only to find that they didn't have my size because my size was just too big and not the "normal" sizes they carried.  I was tired of it all.  I made the decision to change, and it was the hardest decision I have ever made in my life, and I wouldn't go back and do it any other way!

I decided that I was not only going to start eating better, but that I was going to become a fit person.  To be more specific, I was ging to become a runner.

Many people in my life said they were proud of me, but I could see the look of skepticism in their face. They all knew me as the yo-yo dieter that had lost, at most, 15 pounds, and could never actually keep up any form of healthy eating or exercise for any length of time to make any difference, but they were proud that I was going to try.

I proved them wrong.  In only 5 months I had lost 50 pounds and was able to run a distance of 5K with no problem.  

If you are thinking "Yea, you did it, but I can't!" then you need to follow along my journey as I continue my journey to lifelong health and fitness.  I will give you my best tips to sticking with it, keeping the food good, and making it all bearable.  So join me, and start your journey today!

No comments:

Post a Comment