What a surprise!

There is nothing quite as shocking as stepping onto a scale and seeing a number you weren't expecting. I do it most days to make sure that I am not gaining any weight, and hoping that I can loose more. After not seeing a much difference for several weeks I had gotten out of the habit of stepping in the scale so when I did yesterday, I was hocked at what I saw!

I know that the calorie counting has only been happening for about a week but I think it is really going to make a difference. I stepped onto the scale and saw that I had lost more weight. Not only a few more pounds, but it got me to another milestone in my weightless journey!

Officially 60 lbs lost as of February 10, 2012!

I think that the biggest change has been a two parter. First was my 10K race I ran. It reinvigorated me and got me back on track making running a higher priority again. Second is the calorie counting. It is making me very aware I what I am eating and keeping me in a fairly strict 1500 calorie diet.

With the new weight loss I am only 7lbs away from my goal weight! I am so excited about this!

I know several people that tell me counting calories doesn't work. I think that they think that because of what they are eating. If I were eating McDonald's or pizza all day every day, I'd be able to eat only once a day, but with the smart choices that I make with my food, I can have three balanced meals and still have some room for a few small snacks. That's why it works for me.

With weight loss, if it isn't working and you're not getting results, you can't be expected to continue. The only reason that I have been successful is because I have continually been seeing results.

Tomorrow will be the seventh month mark if when I started this long journey. If you had asked me a year ago if I would ever be a runner and be able to loose 60lbs, I would have laughed and continued eating my McDonald's. I look back now and can't think of how I ever let myself be like that. It's easy to look back and see the fault, but it only took that one decision, that one step on my first run to get me to where I am today!

I did it and I was the fattest, most out of shape person! I know anyone can do it when they make the decision and commitment. It isn't when they make the decision, it's if they can. Anyone can do it, but not everyone can make the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment