Did I really eat all that?

Yesterday I downloaded an app for my phone that allows me to keep track of my calories I consume in a day, and it also calculates how many calories I should intake to lose the weight I need to and meet my goal.

I first thought this was great. I could see how many calories I was eating in a day. Then I realized I didn't want to know at all. I couldn't believe how many calories were in the food items I was eating. I knew that some were unhealthy but I didn't realize how unhealthy.

To meet my weight loss goal, the app says I should be eating 1500 calories a day, and when I run, I get to eat more. Yesterday I burned around 1000 calories with a run, so I got to eat much more than I did today. Today I only had my 1500 calories and I thought I was going to die! I know I am not really hungry, but when I am at work (Starbucks) all I want to do is eat the delicious pastries that we sell.

With my app, I can really see how many calories are in those sweet things I love to eat. Needless to say, after finding out just how unhealthy my favorite treats are, I didn't eat anything from the store tonight. It will be much harder for me to eat the food when I am having to watch it e deducted from my calorie bank!

I am so glad I started tracking my calories. I know that that alone won't help me lose weight, the exercise still has to be there, but I will definitely be eating a lot less than I was previously. I recommend that anyone starting on a healthy lifestyle or weightless journey to look into some type of food log or calorie counter. It will ell you see exactly where your big calorie loss is every day. Mine is at night. And I will stop it!! Goo luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment