10K Training Completed!!

Today I completed my 10K training from the app that I had downloaded onto my phone. I am so excited to have this behind me because yesterday I registered for the Indy Mini-Marathon. It's non refundable so I am locked into doing it! I know that I will be ready, but now I have something holding me accountable. I am not going to be using an app meant for the 13.1, instead, I am going to be following a training guide I purchased at the locale bookstore.

I was slightly concerned yesterday because I was talking to my manager at Starbucks (a runner) and I mentioned that I was planning on doing the Indy Mini, and that he should do it too, and he said that registration was sold out already. This wouldn't have been a huge deal except for the fact that I had not registered yet. What would I do if I couldn't do it after telling everyone I was going to? So I quickly got onto my phone and registered while on break at work. Lucky for me this is the slowest registration the race has ever seen!

I am registered, so no worries there, and I am ready to start my official 13.1 training sessions! I know that I am not going to have to worry about doing well in the Mini as far as finishing, what I am going to be pushing myself towards is a faster time. My goal is going to be a steady 10 minute mile. If I can successfully run the distance with an average 10 min/mile I should finish in 2 hours and 10 minutes roughly. This being said, I am shooting for a time of round 2 hours 20 minutes give or take three minutes.

I feel that as long as I am consistent with my training and push myself to do what I know my body is capable of, I will meet my goal, if not exceed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment