Race Day... Again!

Well another month, and another race down. I ran another 10K on Saturday and had a new best time. It was only second quicker than my first race, but it was still quicker! My official time was 1:02:29! I was pleased with this time, but not overjoyed. I wanted to break the one hour mark, but I wasn't able to do it. However, I did place 2nd in my age bracket!

I think there were two factors that caused me to not meet my one hour time goal.

One was the mud. The race was on a championship cross country course, which meant grass. There had been about an inch of snow earlier in the week, and with all of that melting, the course was extremely muddy, it was basically the equivalent to running in sand at points. Much harder than asphalt running that I am used to. This factor was something that I couldn't control.

The second factor, to my dismay, was one that I can control and failed at. My pace. I started out too fast and got tired. By midpoint I was extremely winded and had to start taking more walk breaks than I intended. This is something that I will have to work on because I cannot let this happen!









No comments:

Post a Comment